Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shadowcat Mech


I commissioned Tim over at FCY: Battlemech Club to build a Shadowcat Mech. I needed a OmniMech for the collection.

Well I got around to starting it a few days ago and have some test shots for your review.

I have laid down rattlecan flat black, hand painted the flames, and have just started the process of transforming it from "factory new" to battle hardened. I need to get some decals on the mech before I continue.

The paint scheme is from Clan Hell's Horses Omega Keshik.



If you had not noticed, the cockpit has yet to be painted. I am going to paint the "glass" a chrome base and then paint over that with a transparent blue.


Here is the back side of both mechs. On the Highlander, I will be adding graphite below the exhaust vents for a little carbon scoring. That was the oringinal reason to go heavy handed on the wash, but the base color is not black. I used a Black Grey, so I could use black oils for grease staining and laser scoring.


The nice extra touch that Tim put into this model was the ability to re-position the torso and arms. They are held together by magnets.


A little closer look at the back of Tim's model.


3/4 Top down look.


Here they are in their "mech bay".

I have placed it next to the Highlander for comparison. Yes the Highlander needs its weathering toned down a notch or two. Thank Kerensky that it is a clay based wash and can almost be washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment