Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A New Airbrush and Highlander - Painting

So tonight I got a new airbrush in the box o'amazon.

My Testors Aztek has been acting up and I have never been able to get the same behavior out of it with each use. Well, I think something broke inside and I need to send it back for fixing.

But on to the Mech goodness....

So when getting a new toy ... er ... Airbrush, one must test it. Make sure it was not damaged in shipping, etc.

I had primed some pieces Sunday night, so I grabbed the Highlander.


I am going to paint as if it was part of the Black Widow Company, Wolf Dragoons. It is a all black with red highlights paint scheme. I started by laying down Model Masters' Steel.



I did not do any pre-shading, because I don't see the need with such a dark color. I am going to try a salt masking Technic that will paint chip weather the black. I will then lay the red and detailing. Afterwards I will remove the salt and use a wash for final weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment